AARS membership is open to professionals in dermatology or related fields on the levels list below. Annual membership and renewal applications are voted on by the Membership Committee and are awarded to qualified applicats. Levels of membership open for physicians in dermatology or related fields include:
- Fellow: Any physician in the United States certified by the American Board of Dermatology or the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology or who has training approximately equivalent to the requirements for certification by the American Board of Dermatology (includes voting privileges)
- Associate: Any physician worldwide involved in dermatology through teaching, research, or clinical practice (non-voting membership)
- Affiliate: Any non-physician with a degree in a scientific discipline or allied health professional with involvement in dermatology that is employed by either a medical school, government institution, or by a Fellow or Associate of AARS (ie, nurses, nurse practitioners, or physician assistants) (non-voting membership)
- Industry: Any non-physician with a degree in a scientific discipline or allied health professional with involvement in dermatology who is employed by either a public organization, pharmaceutical company, cosmetic firm, or by a physician Fellow or Associate member of the AARS (non-voting membership)
- Resident: Any dermatology resident in good standing in training at any approved training center in the United States. Applications must be submitted with a letter of recommendation from the Residency Program Chair or Director (non-voting membership)
Join us in our quest to create breakthrough research, inspiring leadership and quality of care for patients with acne and rosacea. You can join AARS online or via mail/fax.
You can quickly and easily join online through the online application. A credit card is required for online payments.
If you have any questions or concerns about membership or the application, please contact the AARS through Physician Resources at (888) 744-DERM or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.